What makes these awards unique?
Living Office Awards is organised by Herman Miller and judged by a multi-disciplinary panel consisting of leading figures from the design world. This means that the Awards will have unparalleled integrity and influence.
All shortlisted and winning entries will be published on our awards site and shared via our social media and newsletter audiences, bringing significant recognition to successful applicants. Shortlisted and winning studios will be able to promote the fact that they are Living Office Awards winners. In addition, the winner receives 5000 USD to be spent on Herman Miller furniture, plus two designers will get the unique opportunity to visit Herman Miller’s National Design Centre in London and our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Portal Mill, Melksham, UK.
Forward thinking architects, designers and corporate real estate professionals have begun to question office landscape metrics based primarily on cost per person/square foot. To gather meaningful data about effective space use at the leading edge of workplace design, Herman Miller initiated a research program that offers insight into emerging patterns of space allocation. This initiative will also enable our Insights team to generate a research white paper off the back of the submissions.
Meet The Judges
What are the judges looking for?
- The project should celebrate great achievements in design.
- The offices need to provide individuals with healthy, high performance, ergonomic environments, as well as encouraging a range of collaborative activities.
- The project should showcase the company’s focus on investing in workspace design.
- At least some Herman Miller furniture must be used on the project.
- The judges will rate each submission on the following themes:
- Sense of Belonging – Building corporate culture
- Me-time – Enabling focused work in an open space
- Together – Supporting various forms of collaboration
- Human-centered – Health positive working environment
- Stewardship – Environmental responsibility
Commercial Business – Workspace Design Award
This award recognises the exemplary use and implementation of integrated design, place-making and progressive practices among architects and designers, their collaborators, and their clients.
Winner of the Best Workplace design receives 5,000 USD to be spent on Herman Miller furniture, plus two designers will get a unique opportunity to visit Herman Miller’s National Design Centre in London and our state of the art manufacturing facility in Portal Mill, Melksham, UK.
People’s Choice – Workspace Design Award
This award gives the public a chance to vote for their favourite workspace. Employees, friends and families will be encouraged to select the design that best reflects the values of belonging, collaboration and health positive working.
Winner of the ‘People’s Choice’ receives a Herman Miller furniture sponsorship to refresh and optimise their workspace, equivalent to 5,000 USD worth of product.
Winners of the Living Office Awards will be announced at Herman Miller’s Regional Design Centre on 16 April.